Sluggish DHSE

andyjim

Hi, I am new to this forum so any help would be greatly appreciated.I have had Discos for the past few years and have recently changed my td5 manual for a P38 auto (don't laugh).

The car drives great apart from when I first start it up from cold it seems like the engine just revs and hardly moves the car. After a few hundred yards it all works fine, or if I select low range straight from start up it bites just fine.

Having been used to manuals for many years I am not sure if this is normal or if there is a problem.

The car is being chipped at the moment to see if this cures it.

Thanks, glad to hear it could be something simple to fix.

I will try that, it can only do good.

cheers.

The P38 is very very slow from cold, the fact that it bites in the low box suggests to me that it's OK (I stand to be corrected on that) you could smell the gearbox oil, if there is a smell of burning change it, if fact change it anyway, it could also be a filter in the box, does it rev but not move or just doesn't move well remembering that it will be embarrassingly slow when cold. they all do that sir !!

Could you have a sticking brake/parking brake.