OT: Firefox users

BogMonster

I switched to using Mozilla Firefox a while back but the fact that Flash isn't installed with it is irritating, and the automatic update has never worked for me, it would chug away for ages (in one case 2 hours) downloaded a huge amount of data, and still Flash wouldn't work.

You can manually download the plugin here:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/downlo...=ShockwaveFlash

save to desktop (930K) and run the .exe file to install it, after that Flash pages will work fine and you won't get the irritating "funny shaped green thing" icon on every other #kin web page :angry:

The other advantage is that if you have four computers to update like I do it means you don't have to download it four times. You just need to make sure you open the web page in FF not in IE as I think it senses the browser being used to download the right thingy.

Anybody who is on a slow connection and doesn't already use Firefox should try it, I reckon it downloads stuff in literally half the time, whether it is better caching or what I don't know but it is much, much quicker than IE and has other benefits like tabbed browsing, the Download Manager etc etc.

Anybody who is on a slow connection and doesn't already use Firefox should try it, I reckon it downloads stuff in literally half the time, whether it is better caching or what I don't know but it is much, much quicker than IE and has other benefits like tabbed browsing, the Download Manager etc etc.

Another vote for Firefox here too...... I installed it a couple of years ago in one of it's very early guises and ditched it due to a few glitches.

It is however now a far superior much more stable product and I have had it installed now on my home PC for many months. It very very rarely if ever actually crashes.

Once all the plugins you need are installed it is just fine and dandy.

I also managed to install it on my work PC even though I do'nt have admin rights :o FF went through the installation routine warned me that because I didn't have admin rights it might not work properly but in fact it works just fine. The only thing it won't do is open when I click on a URL

in an email IE opens even though FF is the default browser.

This is caused by my not being able to have access to program access and defaults (again due to no admin rights) - I can live with it.

Before anybody warns me a might get a bollocking from out IT bods......nearly all of them use FF too :lol:

The only site I have a problem with in FF is the selling section on eBay. It does not seem to allow the use of Ebay's HTML editor. My workaround for this is that the FF plugin (that installs as default) allows you to open certain web pages in IE only.

I have my 'always open in IE' set so that whenever I go to ebay's selling pages FF always opens IE and takes me straight to the selling pages on ebay.

Apart from that FF is perfrect.