Water Leak

disco_al

After washing the ES the other night (rare i know) i noticed water dripping onto the n/s/f footwell mat, from behind the glovebox area. Upon closer inspection i found that there was water leaking in from the heater box (the one behind the glovebox), any pointers as to where it could be coming from?

Is it from the heater box or the bulkhead? Could be blocked a/c drains if from the heater area.

Bulkhead body mounts crack and let water in for soggy carpets. You can take the engine and interior out to fix it properly or you can dry it out, lather half an inch of silicone over it, slap a bit of plastic on top of the silicone and put the carpets back in - guess which one I did :)

when i pulled the cardboard trim down that hides the abs relays etc, it was from the grill on the bottom of the heater box thingy (will take a pic lunchtime) not sure if it would be a/c related, as i still haven't got round to organising another a/c pipe, so the system is still fully discharged.

• 1 month later...

Hi, got the same sort of leaks, seems to running from the screw at the bottow of the heater box, also from the seam above the heater and in turn runs down the pillar and makes a nice mess of the floor. Think it may be the wind screen, mate of mine is going to reseal the screen morrow, will post and let you know if it solves the problem.

Cheers

Gavin