Roof Rack - HELP!

kitters

Please can anyone help me? I have bought an "official" Landrover Roof Rack for my Discovery II (part number - RTC9539AC) from Ebay, it is absolutely genuine with all the right stickers etc - BUT - it came in bits and there were no instructions! OK, so I have managed through some common sense and a lot of trial and error to piece the thing together (took a while but I am there now). However, on trying to attach it to the roof of the Landy somethings appears to be wrong and I am not sure if I have got it wrong, or it is misshappen. The horizonal span between the legs is different by about 2 inches, consequently I can't get the feet into the gutters (which is where I am assuming they should go).

All the bits look the same, so I don't think I have got the legs in the wrong corners. So any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

RTC9539AB is for D1 whereas the RTC9539AC is for D2.

Don't know exactly what's the difference (I think the D2 version it's a bit more bulged in the midle).

Anyway they are interchangeable with some care when opening the rear sunroof an a D2 fitted with a D1 (over)loaded roof rack.

The distance between the gutters is the same on both D1 and D2.

Thanks for the suggestions - have managed to get hold of instructions and it does look as if I have got it right (phew) and that the legs have become splayed - probably from too much weight (could be why the rack came in bits and was couriered!). So, all I need to do now is to work out some way of pulling the legs together - probably load straps and a big ratchet!