Fitting bead locks to Mach 5's

chappers

http://www.mach5wheels.co.uk/

Not seen any in real life so can not comment on them qaulity etc etc but they looks nice :D

lol Seeing as they are from ML, doubt there is any question of quality :P Am after some after market beadlocks as think it would be cheaper to modify my current wheels than buy the originals, but cheers.

I Have a set of 15x10 mods in lr fitment that im about to convert to splitrim (double beadlock) and re-center in G wagen fitment.

Im in ireland so sending them to uk to have them done would be to expensive, I do however have access to my uncles lathe to turm out the centers and split the rims, there brand new so should have any isseus as mention early due to wheels being warped.

there is a few things im not sure about though.

1) what is the best way to seal the to halves of the rim? I was thinking putting a groove in one of the flange plates welded to the rim and using an O-ring? or would a bead or silicone do the job?

2) I was going to try and use a steel cage insert like this one

Steelrunflat1_small.jpg

steelrunflat4_small.jpg

BUT if i do end up using a pvc insert as it clamps the two beads onto the rim, and the valve is on the inside of the pvc, I take it there had to be some sort of air hole in the pvc pipe so the air can get into the tyre...or have I missed somthing?