Waterproof switches

pugwash

IMHO for air lockers or air operated, free spool, it is best to use manual operated, pneumatic valves, instead of electrical switches plus solenoid operated valves.

The ARB switches are not very durable - I can't understand why anyone thinks they are good quality.

Guest diesel_jim

Does anyone know if the ARB rocker switches are exactly the same as these ones from RS?

R841794-02.jpg

I wonder if i could buy the latest ARB covers and attach them to these switches y'see. that would solve the problem of at least some of the decals that are needed (from this thread). :D

Does anyone know if the ARB rocker switches are exactly the same as these ones from RS?

Jim

yes these are Exactly the same type as the RS ones whic are the same type as the ARB switches!

They are all made by carling switch.

you can indeed take the switch covers from ARB and fit them onto the switch blocks themselves- you need to be careful with LED colours and the like!

i have sorted out most of the issues with these switches- such as connector blocks, spade connectors, waterproof covers, colours, installation blocks etc etc

getting designs on the switch covers is NOT easy. you can order factory printed ones for minimum orders of 100 per design! not alot of use for anybody really, as you would therefore need to buy about 3000 items, which would of course cost a lot of money!

SimonR will likely to be able to offer around 30 designs, along the lines of those mentioned in these threads, within the next 6-8 weeks i hope. At least i know he would like to offer as large a range as possible whilst still being possible to manage.

edited to change the quote which i originally got wrong.

Guest diesel_jim

/rubbing hands with glee/

oohh.... i'm all excited now!! :D

i can get the switches through work...ahem, free cheap, so i'll just be buying the covers and decals (If simon is selling them separately???) B)

/rubbing hands with glee/

oohh.... i'm all excited now!! :D

i can get the switches through work...ahem, free cheap, so i'll just be buying the covers and decals (If simon is selling them separately???) B)

hmm free switches.

you just need to be careful with the colours you get, and the layout of the LEDs.

covers will have the decals pre-printed on them- so all you do is clip them onto the switch! should work a treat.