Webasto themo top c

hi.

Im about to install a websato engine heater,and on the german instruction I have its mounted on the riht side of the engine bay. But since my car is RHD its no space becouse of the servo. Where have you guys put yours? Can anyone deliver some photos or tips of a good place.

By the way: Under the left side wing is impossible since I have a control unit for my winch there.

thanks

1999 TD5 110.

Guest wunntenn

I'll assume its similar to the Eberspacher unit I have in my 110 (was a 2.5TD/19J now fitted with a 200tdi). I'd difficulties fitting the Eberspacher too so I got a 70 or 80cm length of steel (100mm x 8mm or so) rivnutted onto the side of the main chassis box section under the engine and extending up into the engine bay to the desired height. It needed a couple of slight bends to clear various components, but it was easy to do and means that the heating unit now sits at the ideal height, is easily worked on and removed for servicing, and is well out of the way of all the other bits and bobs. Not familiar with a TD5 under-bonnet arrangement and it may be that there's very little space in your engine bay to use this solution. Might it work?

• 1 month later...

That would have been a good spot, but I couldn't move my washer bottle since there is a hydraulic system under that wing. After a painful 2 days installment its now mounted 90 degrees flat under the opposite wing. It works quite nice, but i had to steel the water before rather the after the engine and its mounted with the checker plate screws.

thanks for the tips.