Help with removal of Defender TD5 wiper motor

Hi, my wipers don't work and I need to remove the windshield wiper motor. I've removed the dash and exposed the wiper motor. I've removed the two phillips screws that attach the motor and tried to turn the nut that attaches the motor to the rod that operates the wipers. The rod won't let go. Could anyone help me out on how to remove the motor so I can have it checked? Thanks.

remove the electrical plug & take the wiper arms/blades off the drive shafts too, once the nut to the wiper motor body is undone, you have to pull the motor & drive cable out of the tubes, have a rag ready as the cable should have a good coating of grease on it.

Thanks. I opened up the gear cover and I took out the circlip from the lever that controls the wiper cable. I also removed the part that's attached to the gear body to free the motor and gear assembly from the wiper cable. I brought the wiper motor to the repair shop and when they tested it the motor actually worked. Either the gears or motor was stuck or there's something wrong with the electrical line.

I will re-install tomorrow. Hopefully it works installed.