TD5 Rumble at 65mph

My TD5 110 is making a god awful noise at the 65mph mark (in top gear).

Starts off like a rumble but then resonates through the whole vehicle.

Im running BFG Muds but they were never this bad, and the noise is evident when revving up and down through the 65/66mph mark.

Anything above or belwo this speed seesm to be fine, no issues!

Is this a wheelbearing or possible a gearbox issue?

Thanks in advance for your input

Jamie

Did a roadtest today, rumble is certainly not as bad as before but still evident at the 65 mph mark.

Could this be a front prop issue?

What do I need to do to check out other issues, i.e. wheel bearings and/or gearbox?

Ta

Jamie

If the back one needed changing, next suspect has to be the front one, I think!

Wheel bearings - jack up the relevant corner, grasp the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock and give it a "wiggle", and the same at 12 and 6 o'clock. Any little clunky noises or movement (other than the front wheels moving on the steering) is bad. If you're lucky they will just need tightening up, but I'd consider investing in a half set of spares, as they are a relatively common failure :( .

Gearbox is harder to diagnose: do the cheap things (front prop, wheel bearings) first and then if that doesn't help shout up and a gearbox adult will no doubt provide some further advice :ph34r:

p.s. which bit of North West England?