d1 man to auto change

maxtherotti

hi all

i have been considering changing my disco to another car to gain auto trans (a bit more power would be nice for towing too) but looking around at what i will get for my disco its going to cost loads to change up

soooooo i was thinking whats involved in changing it to auto?

what will i need to do the job?

rough idea on prices too

thanks rob

its a 98 300 tdi

or am i better off just sticking with manual and lumping it??????? ie is the auto box strong enough for lots of towing?

finding a diesel spec auto will be hard and in good condition also you will need to have the mainshaft changed in the transfere box and the preloads adjusted ashcrofts quoted me £1300 for the box plus vat for outright sale then you are going to need the selsctor and the cable also the brackets new thrust washers for the crank as in a auto it need zero crank end float.

oil cooler change of rad as well is a big job is your's a edc spec if not the auto will be a let down compared to the manual