towing question again

maxtherotti

Bit late in answering here but as Paul and others have said have to go cruiser route.

Im a landy man by heart but my v8 Disco1 would pull the challenge 90 about all over the country all day, it just didnt have the weight or power to be a nice relaxing drive ( if theres such a kind with a trailer), it just made driveng hard work so I tryed the 80 series lc and Im afraid to say its much better for towing the 90.

Mines the 4.5 petrol and I get more mpg towing than the disco light!!!

In regard to disco or rrc the disco is heavier not by much though, both have same engine power (v8 or tdi) so there a much of a muchness between the both, auto best for towing (personly) but be less in mpg and power.

You don't say what you will be towing. Having spent (seemingly) half the summer towing a 90 around behind a 300tdi auto disco, I would say go for the manual if you are planning to tow heavy weights. The Auto is really nice to tow with, but once you are up into the sort weight of another land rover on a trailer it starts to get warm. I have wrecked one box this summer - although that was probably down to age, the towing accelerated the problem. The new (ashcroft) box has also gotten warm briefly, so I would be inclined to go with the manual.

just my 2p.

Mark