Pinion oild seal

Gentelen,

After my front propshaft turned a back one me - I have installed a new HD one.

All barrings, washers, nuts, seals are new as well, all tighten to Nm as documented in the manual - car runs absolutely perfect, just the damn pinion oil seals.

They won't last more than few days - I already put in a third set in five weeks - this time the genuine parts - and, one week later, they leak again !

Anybody have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance,

Tomas

Gentelen,

After my front propshaft turned a back one me - I have installed a new HD one.

All barrings, washers, nuts, seals are new as well, all tighten to Nm as documented in the manual - car runs absolutely perfect, just the damn pinion oil seals.

They won't last more than few days - I already put in a third set in five weeks - this time the genuine parts - and, one week later, they leak again !

Anybody have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance,

Tomas

Check that the axle breather is completely clear. Sometimes even if the hose is clear, rust and muck builds up in the fitting screwed into the axle casing, so it is best to remove it and clear it thoroughly.

If it is blocked, pressure builds up in the axle case and blows oil past the pinion seal.

Also check that your axle isn't overfilled with oil.

Regards,

Diff

Guys,

Thx a lot - I think you hit the nail right - the breather pipe!

In fact, each time I see that the seal started leaking - the oil is prayed all around the car bottom - really like pressure explosion!

I'll get on it this weekend.