rear diff movement

pigster

Right my friend with a freeland (2.0 diesal ) gutless thing.. has developed a clonk when ever changing gear and accelerating hard - - I had a quick look for her this morning just before hockey and thinking warn out UJ or prop, found out it was actually her rear diff moving a tad excessive like. so much so the clonk is the diff hitting the floor of the car (which is a good few inches away) I assume this issue has been happing for a while because I reckon it was this the caused the tyres to wear before time.

anyway = = what holds the diff in place? is there some bracket? a bush?

Can I have diagram please or something? so I can fix it or tell them what the cause is?

cheers in advance.

Right my friend with a freeland (2.0 diesal ) gutless thing.. has developed a clonk when ever changing gear and accelerating hard - - I had a quick look for her this morning just before hockey and thinking warn out UJ or prop, found out it was actually her rear diff moving a tad excessive like. so much so the clonk is the diff hitting the floor of the car (which is a good few inches away) I assume this issue has been happing for a while because I reckon it was this the caused the tyres to wear before time.

anyway = = what holds the diff in place? is there some bracket? a bush?

Can I have diagram please or something? so I can fix it or tell them what the cause is?

cheers in advance.

There is a bush in a cast ally bracket that holds the front of the diff, i carn't remember the part no but it only costs £15 + vat.

Dead easy to fit as well!

cheers for that..

I assume dead easy to fit means- - spanner job and bolt it on sorta thing.

There is a bush in a cast ally bracket that holds the front of the diff, i carn't remember the part no but it only costs £15 + vat.

Dead easy to fit as well!

cheers for that..

I assume dead easy to fit means- - spanner job and bolt it on sorta thing.

It's held on with 2 bolts to the diff and 1 to the body, You'll have to unbolt each of the rear diff bushes from the body, then "jiggle" the diff to one side to get the bush out.

Shouldn't take more than 30 mins on your back, used to do them in 10mins end to end. on a ramp!

• 1 month later...

sorted it all out now which is nice..

your right it is an easy job isn't it, assuming you put the bush back in the correct way.. DOh.. It was a lot easier to put it in one way than the other.. so after I reckon 45mins... which including digging around for a trolley jack because the whole thing was so blinking low to the group I got it sorted... :o)

Thanks for the help guys

:D

It's held on with 2 bolts to the diff and 1 to the body, You'll have to unbolt each of the rear diff bushes from the body, then "jiggle" the diff to one side to get the bush out.

Shouldn't take more than 30 mins on your back, used to do them in 10mins end to end. on a ramp!