help!!!!! disco died

gaz0203

my aunties disco td5 started missing last week and had no power,eventually it stopped completley and would just kick but not fire, we investigated and found oil in the ecu wiring harness, this has been replaced and although it was a little awkward to start at first, it ran and has done perfectly for two days. today though it eturned to its former self, missing and no power atall, any ideas?? i was sure we were on to a winner but does not seem so

I've had the same thing. I have had fuel oil "wicking" up the wiring and tipped half a cup full out of the ECU! I teased the wiring harness apart rinsed it off with contact cleaner. I also opened the ecu and rinsed that out around the socket. Its done forty thousand since without missing a beat. I do wash out the ECU socket at every service though. Takes all of a minute or two. I also degrease the engine and under the acoustic cover fairly often. I must get round to changing the harness and ECU sometime.............I'm doing a thousand a week , month in month out so its had a fairly good thrashing since.