Twin Shocks

I am installing new OME shocks to my 90. I am thinking on installing twin shocks, at least on front.

I don't travel with lots of weight on rear, plan to keep all original springs (80,000 miles), it's a 300TDI, sometimes I catch a bump travelling at fast speeds. Actual shocks are original ones, don't know how much they will last so I prefer to change them now, also I expecto to get less bouncing.

What are your recommendations? Are there any disadvantages?

Thanks in advance for all your advice!

-Sebastian

Don't forget that shocks do not affect load carrying capacity - they just dampen the springs.

Twin shocks are only required for sustained high speed travel on rough surfaces (like corrugated unsurfaced roads) - the load is shared by the two shocks so they heat up (and consequently fade loosing damping ability) slower.

For 99% of Land Rover owners, twin shocks are not necessary. You will find the OME shocks will be a huge improvement over your tired originals.

I would fit single OME's and enjoy the improvement. If you still feel you need twin shocks you can always add them later.