Earthing problem???

Hi All,

Hope everyone has had a good christmas and may I wish you all a happy new year.

It occurs to me that I may be one of those types that has joined the forum and asked questions without posting pics of my toy!!

So hopefully there are 1 or 2 here, this is after having had the petrol bit whipped out and a diesel 200 put in.

I bought mine to go on the Mac 4x4 later this year and decided that the petrol lump was just not going to get me through

Anyway, I have a bit of a strange problem, my temp gauge seems to show the engine getting cooler, or even cold, the longer its run, when I apply the handbrake the lights seem to get a bit brighter.....somebody said it could be an earthing fault. It was there before the engine swap so I dont believe it to be since the garage did the work.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem and if it is an earthing fault, any ideas where to start.

Many thanks

Neil.

Try this link, it should take you to photbucket and the pictures are there, mostly of the engine but there are a couple of the vehicle itself I think.

http://photobucket.com/LR90

may well be getting cooler as you drive, theres lots of post on here recently about tdi's not getting warm. if your driving around town with the heater on chances are the engines getting cooler as the heater is drawing the heat out...