Buying disco 2004 V8

LR NUT

Hi I'm buying a 2004 Disco V8 for one of my friends when I say buying it's meaning sourcing a good one with her, she's driven my 05 td5 and had it over weekend and loved it but she is going for a petrol as I told her it will warm up quicker and she doesn't do much miles a year, Ive never owned a petrol landrover got two diesels a disco and a freebie which is now the girlfriends motor. Does anyone know the service schedule and what to look out for on the V8 Discos And if their is any filters i need to worthy about like the breather filter in the td4 which was unheard of being replaced until landrover said in 2007.

Service interval is 12000 miles but that is really too long. Like all V8s they don't like lots of short cold runs, listen for tappet noise etc on startup. Despite its 1960s weaknesses the V8 is the only proper engine for a Discovery, it is night and day compared to a Td5 and just feels like it was made for the job :)

No hidden filters, doesn't have a fuel filter (big one in the tank, non serviceable) just uses a standard ERR3340 oil filter same as loads of LR engines, and the air filter is the same as a Td5 one. Spark plugs are a bit pricey.