front door locks[size="4"][/size]

bandy

This may well have been covered before however...the front doors have a very bad habit of not wanting to open.Both front doors either won't open from the inside lever or the outside handle ?

Is there some form of adjustment that can be carried out that will enable me to open these doors ? Thanks.

my last disco (a 200tdi) had threads on the connecting bars to the locking mechanism from the handles which can be adjusted by screwing the bar to handle joint further down the bar so it pulls it further, presume the 300 hs the same adjustments.

i had to do it as i had the same problem, i think it is a 7mm nut on the one from the outer handle to take up the slack so to speak.

Copying this text here from the haynes book

The length of the exterior handle-to-lock link rod can be adjusted by screwing/unscrewing it from the lock assembly.

The length of the lock assembly interior handle link rod can be altered by rotating the spring-tensioned nyloc nut which is situated at the lock end of the rod.

I believe the nyloc is 7mm socket/spanner,both my inner and outer handles stopped on my disco drivers door at the same time. hope this is of help.