90 2.5td Fuel Problem...Help!

Hi,

I have a 2.5td 90 with a Fuel Problem...basically she won't fire. Glow Plugs etc are fine.

I've changed the lift pump etc, but when bleeding the system, the fuel only drips out as such...it doesn't "pour"

I think I have narrowed down the problem to being some sort of blockage between the fuel lift pump and tank as when I take the pipe off, which links the filter and lift pump, and turn the engine over, fuel only drips out.

Is there a way of cleaning the bottom of the fuel tank or the pipe?

Does that make sense? :s

Could the poor flow of fuel be caused by something else?

Please note that the engine runs fine after she finally starts up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a 2.5td 90 with a Fuel Problem...basically she won't fire. Glow Plugs etc are fine.

I've changed the lift pump etc, but when bleeding the system, the fuel only drips out as such...it doesn't "pour"

I think I have narrowed down the problem to being some sort of blockage between the fuel lift pump and tank as when I take the pipe off, which links the filter and lift pump, and turn the engine over, fuel only drips out.

Is there a way of cleaning the bottom of the fuel tank or the pipe?

Does that make sense? :s

Could the poor flow of fuel be caused by something else?

Please note that the engine runs fine after she finally starts up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Remove and replace the fuel filter with a new one if you haven't already, as this is between the pump and tank ...

Have a look under the car near the fuel tank for another thing-that-looks-like-a-filter, which is actually a sedimenter, if present clean it

Check all the pipes for kinks, flat bits, melted bits etc.

Remove and replace the fuel filter with a new one if you haven't already, as this is between the pump and tank ...

Have a look under the car near the fuel tank for another thing-that-looks-like-a-filter, which is actually a sedimenter, if present clean it

Check all the pipes for kinks, flat bits, melted bits etc.

Thanks - All sorted now. We'd connected the pipes the wrong way around on the lift pump...whoops haha!

Cheers anyway