Series 2 A Militray

Luwts

This is my first time writing in the military section. I was assigned to do a restoration on military series 2 which I woul like to do it as perfect as possible...however apart from some parts which do seem that x military and myabe FFR too, can anyone send me some more info on What Ser2/2A's had as standard for the military?

I have also the chassis number of this vehicle which in the old day when dad used to restore cars, he used to send the chassi number to someone in the Uk and they give him the exact details about the car....but he can't recall who they were.

Does Gaydon heritage centre have this sort of information?

And my last question is, does anyone have some manuals in pdf or some sort of brochure regarding the S2/a SWB Landrover military type cause the only info I can find is on the LWB

Thanks a lot

Luwts

Malta

Giving this chap a visit and viewing his S2 would be a good starter...

http://www.maltapark.com/item.asp?ItemID=540276

Kilin

This is my first time writing in the military section. I was assigned to do a restoration on military series 2 which I woul like to do it as perfect as possible...however apart from some parts which do seem that x military and myabe FFR too, can anyone send me some more info on What Ser2/2A's had as standard for the military?

I have also the chassis number of this vehicle which in the old day when dad used to restore cars, he used to send the chassi number to someone in the Uk and they give him the exact details about the car....but he can't recall who they were.

Does Gaydon heritage centre have this sort of information?

And my last question is, does anyone have some manuals in pdf or some sort of brochure regarding the S2/a SWB Landrover military type cause the only info I can find is on the LWB

Thanks a lot

Luwts

Malta

I'd also post your request on the EMLRA forum, guys on there with large amounts of knowledge on Rover 8s and will point you to sources of literature. The chassis no alone may not be enough to find it's service use, it will narrow it down to a batch of vehicles but you need the military data plate with it's military reg (will be something like 08DM43) to get the vehicle history from the Royal Logistics Corps museum. Again, the EMLRA has advice on this.

http://forum.emlra.org/index.php