Nanocom

Monster

Hi,

I am interested in buying a td5 Nanocom diagnostic unit. Are they worth the money as they are a bit on the e side!

Three amigos showed up last night and suspect it maybe a hub on the way out. May need to fork out for that so maybe left abit short.

(Approaching 70K I think).

Has anyone had anyone had any experience of the new Hawkeye?

What are everyone else using?

Is there any difference in performance over the old one(serial) or new one(USB). How are they to handle without a laptop?

Anbody have one they would be interested in selling?

Being my first (of many???) major purchase for our truck would like your thoughts.

Cheers.

I bought a Nanocom for the same reason as you - the old 3 amigos.

They can be a bit temperamental connecting to a laptop on USB, but are generally fine when in standalone mode. You need to be a bit careful with some of the data presented, but in general a very useful unit.

I reset the ABS faults, onyl to have them come back on again a couple of weeks later. The fault in the end, (on both front sensors) was the wire, not the sensor. I cut the wire close to the sensor & plug, & soldered a new good quality flexible lead in between plug & sensor - It has been absolutely fine since. I have also sone exactly the same to a friends vehicle, so it's worth checking.

In my case, the Nanocom paid for itself, as it gave me chance to do some trial & error fault finding, without the expense of new sensor & trips to main dealers for diagnostics.

Other plus points are the abilities to alter body settings, for example single point entry, speed locking, re-programming key fobs etc.

It doesn't come close to the abilities & reliability of Testbook, but its a fraction of the price and a good bit of kit to have in the glove box.

I bought a Nanocom for the same reason as you - the old 3 amigos.

They can be a bit temperamental connecting to a laptop on USB, but are generally fine when in standalone mode. You need to be a bit careful with some of the data presented, but in general a very useful unit.

I reset the ABS faults, onyl to have them come back on again a couple of weeks later. The fault in the end, (on both front sensors) was the wire, not the sensor. I cut the wire close to the sensor & plug, & soldered a new good quality flexible lead in between plug & sensor - It has been absolutely fine since. I have also sone exactly the same to a friends vehicle, so it's worth checking.

In my case, the Nanocom paid for itself, as it gave me chance to do some trial & error fault finding, without the expense of new sensor & trips to main dealers for diagnostics.

Other plus points are the abilities to alter body settings, for example single point entry, speed locking, re-programming key fobs etc.

It doesn't come close to the abilities & reliability of Testbook, but its a fraction of the price and a good bit of kit to have in the glove box.

Hi Dave,

You mention that Nanocom has the ability to alter "body settings".

I'm thinking of investing in one and I need to tell the BCU in the sandbags Disco 2 that we've now fitted an electric front windscreen.

If I can do this with the Nanocom I can convince "management" that the cost of getting a Main Stealer to set the BCU for her EFW can offset the cost of the Nanocom.

Please confirm if it is possible to set the BCU EFW option with Nanocom and I'll probably order one.

Regards

Scrumps