discovery problems

adambowling

hi

just bought a discovery 1995 300tdi

the heater does not work, is this a common fault and would it be easy to fix? i think it might be the fans. no air is coming through at all.

also it has electric windows all round, but the two on the drivers side don't work? what could be wrong with this? would this also be an easy fix?

thanks

adam

Hi Adam.

See the 'tech archive' section of the forum, and have a browse round. the top post in there there is an index, listing all the posts worth reading. There's one on repairing the electric window ECU, which is known to be a common problem on Discoverys. On mine, it was the two rear windows that had failed, but it's worth a look, and will probably only take you about half an hour if you are moderately competent with a few tools and a soldering iron.

I don't know what the likely problem is with your fans, but someone else might. I presume you've checked all the fuses? Do you have A/C - does the light on the A/C switch come on when the fan speed is set to anything other that off?

Kev

When I bought my '94 300tdi the fan would only work on the slowest speed, bit annoying when trying to clear the screen or drive in the wet. Stripped the center of the dash out to access the control switch intending to replace but noticed it was easy to dismantle. Me being me I opened the switch and cleaned the inside terminals rebuilt and now works on all speeds. Result!!!!

Adam,

You can try a quick search of this forum by using Google as a search engine.

Use "forums.lr4x4.com/what you want to find" as a UK search.

In the present case, "forums.lr4x4.com/discovery electric windows" gave me on the bottom of the second page this (ironically on another forum!! :angry: )

Welcome to what must be the best forum going - and to fixing your own Disco!! :)

• 2 weeks later...