random alarm indicators flashing

gripper

yesterday on about 3 occasions whilst driving up to grimsby the indicators started flashing as if the alarm was going off but there was no alarm noise and the car drove as normal plenty of power just the indicators going off, if i turned the engine off and back on i.e. switching key and powering car off then back on then the alarm stopped flashing, this happened up until grimsby then went from there to hull and it didn't do it again but the remote central locking didn't work, drove back to skegness from hull and everything was fine and the remote locked ok when back home. not a huge problem as i can just switch off and back on but the remote may cause problems when i need to lock up. any ideas?

Hi,

Mine did that a while back, hit a severe pothole at about 30mph and all of a sudden the hazards were flashing and nothing I could do would turn 'em off. I had to stop the car, turn the ignition off and lock it with the fob before they stopped. Mine might have been something to do with the crash sensor or the alarm, but it hasn't happened again since. Might be bad solder joints on the spider module I suppose?

Steve.

I had a simmilar problem when laning in Salisbury

What Mine turned out to be was the Flasher relay had gotten wet and was making the flashers / indicators go off all time. Turning the ignition off, disconnecting the battery for 5 mins didn't help, nor did playing with all the buttons like a toddler. I did however notice that the central locking had also stopped working.

Locating (passenger foot well) and unplugging the flasher relay for a day fixed the flashing problem. Tried to re-seat the relay, but that didn't help. The 'mutant healing power' of the land rover fixed the central locking itself.

I have an early 300 TDI with the single button fob - so don't know if its the same problem as yours, but sounds similar.