Has anyone wired in a britpart ignition switch

This one from Paddocks

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/Electrics/Steering_column_lock_-_diesel_-_200TDI%2F300TDI.html

I know everyone keeps telling me to check out the wiring diagram, but to be honest they aaren't the most helpfull of things, I'm nearing trying to start the engine in my newly rebuilt truck after it was vandalised but I'm having a hell of a problem wiring the ignition in, can someone please help :up :wrench :yay

It has 5 numbered pins, 2 of them are large type

Regards

Andi

Stuntman - did you see my reply to your earlier post? If I can get this link to work then this was the post - http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=52011

This picture looks similar to the old switch on my 1984 90. The terminal numbers I gave in the post are off the back of my switch. I removed it from the truck and then connected it to a battery and bulb so I could check the output on the switch positions. You could do the same to check the terminal output/numbers are correct and corespond to the list I gave.

Once you know what terminal is permanent live, ignition fed live and 'spring loaded' feed (to starter) it is quite easy to identify the right wires from yor wiring diagram.

If still struggling what age/model truck and what colour wires have you got at the steering column switch position?