Rear tub repair or replace?

Hello

The rear tub on my 90 needs binning or work... the rear right wing is shot so are both rear quater pannels including the right galvanised flash corner. Its also like a sive due to old rivet holes.

Now any opinions on wether its easier for me to repair the present tub, or fit a 2nd hand one? - how easy is it to whip the present tub off and put another on?

cheers

Hi,

Removing the rear tub is very straightforward, just a case of roof off, sides off and unbolt from the x-member, seat box and chassis mounting brackets. Just done my 110 and the only tools I think I used were 10mm and 13mm socket and spanner. The only thing I would suggest is spending a bit of time a few days beforehand with a wire brush and WD40 on the bolts. I found a parts manual quite helpful for showing the location of the various body chassis mountings, but they are quite obvious when you look. You'll need a hand to lift the tub off and on but you should be able to do it in a day easily.

HTH

Rick