Windscreen blower/vent

SPendrey

Hello,

Well, today while driving to work I just saw the back end of a charger adapter (for my TomTom GPS) fly down the windscreen (demist) vent, followed by a few rattles and me cursing. :angry:

I wondered if it might fall 'through' if I switch to floor vents, but alas this was pure conjecture. So, other than stripping the whole dash out, what are my choices to recover that adapter and more importantly, prevent any possible damage to anything in there? Or, should I just consider the adapter as lost, buy a new one, and assume any new rattles are it bouncing around in the venting somewhere?!

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sounds like thats gone to no mans land! :angry: along with all the old car parking tickets that always seem find their way down there!

If its cheap enough to replace, i would leave it there, probably not worth all the trouble.

It may find its way out, on a rough track one day :P

Cheers for the down load link by the way ;)

Ian

I once turned a car over onto its roof. Whild sitting in my seat held in by my seatbelt I was amazed at what fell out of all the various pockets and from under seats etc etc. Everything I thought I had lost was there to be collected on the roof. Even though it would work I suggest you find another way.

I once turned a car over onto its roof. Whild sitting in my seat held in by my seatbelt I was amazed at what fell out of all the various pockets and from under seats etc etc. Everything I thought I had lost was there to be collected on the roof. Even though it would work I suggest you find another way.

I trust you greased it after you dismounted.