200tdi Cylinder Heads

eds

Reading the posts I see cylinder heads for the 200tdi are unavailable.

Am I to worry?

Do cylinder heads fail routinely and will this present a problem to owners of 200tdi in the future.

Is it likely that due to the numbers of 200tdi owners someone will start to make them again.

Is this dooming the 200tdi to an early death or do these heads go on for ever.

Should I be busy looking for a second hand one to store in the garage just incase it fails and I loose my whole vehicle or are there hundreds of spares coming from the disco world just ready to use???

Wory worry worry!

Thanks

i must have been unlucky twice then had to have a head on a defender and a disc 200tdi

David

Mines blown 2 gaskets due to bad pitting where the head meets the coolant passageway in the block (that triangular shaped bit). I've now bought an engine from a disco and am currently using the head off that. Some of the heads I was offered were in very poor condition so I reckon good ones are becoming scarce.

Has anybody got experience of fitting a 300tdi head to a 200tdi block? What mods are needed?

MArk