grinding noise

hi all, d90 1987 200tdi disco engine in it, went out this morning driving along about half hour, parked up went back to d90 started up driving a long reached a speed to change into 2nd a grinding noise appeared all through 2nd 3rd and 4th, as soon as i released off the pedal stopped back on grinding, back off stopped only when i use the gas,sounds like it's coming from middle of the floor in the back of the van, on rebuild i filled axles up, greased props t/box and gearbox all new oil, they had all been standing empty for about 3 weeks, now oil as circulated round parts could it be just need topping up, the noise only occurr's when i use acelorator pedal, things to check please starting with easist cheapest ;):):lol: defender dinky

Diff should go straight on, you probably have drum rear brakes so it may be worth swapping the whole axel to give you disc all around. not much extra work. :rolleyes:

hi, already done disc conversion, had axle sandblasted painted, so just want to change diff really, just a thought went under landy this afternoon guess what nuts were lose on front prop by axle could this be the noise i was hearing, take the landy out in the morning find out more, thanks for replies, defender dinky