RRC Rear Bottom Tailgate - Dent

Lenny

post-18797-126823884207_thumb.jpgHello all,

Picked up an 'orrible dent in the rear bottom tailgate along edge.

Can anyone suggest if this can be pulled-out or, does the fact the damage lies right on the edge (on reg plate lamp) suggest the part is well and truly cooked?

Please see image.

Thanks.

If your thinking along the lines of a paint less repair i dont think its possible i would imagine that the paint is cracked anyway, but if you dont mind a bit of filler in your panels it could be done.

Probably easier to get another one, or put a sticker over it :D maybe even advertising the forum

That's a help. The biggest problem is finding new transfers for a resto.

Perhaps they're spot welded the skins at the folds? I'm not sure but it's been too cold in the evenings to go out and start hitting things with hammers - it's very thin steel so like you said, should bump-out with ease.

Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) won't work on that one. PDR is generally for dents not involving edges or paint damage as it relies on the operator being able to see the reflectionof his target board.

Conventional beat out, fill & paint or replace skin.