DEFENDER HINGES

might be a stupib bloody question, but that's never stopped me before,

- you can see two sides of the pin, a plain one and a serrated one, I'm whacking the plain one, is that right?

- the two washers, do you have to take these off first?

i am sooooooo p*ssed, one little job turning into a nightmare. Tried hammer and punch, vice, all pigging sorts and they just won't shift, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob R

• 3 months later...

Hi Bob,

How are you getting on with this?

I tried to knock the pin out of a new britpart TD5 hinge and found that the washers were actually inserts or sleaves which sit inside the pivot pin hole in the door half of the hinge. The pin was jammed solid into the sleeve so needed to be drilled out from both sides. I have a new genuine hinge which looks the same but don't want to destroy it to check. Are your hinges the same?

G

I still don't understand what is wrong with Genuine hinges?

I bought mine new/take-off 10-years ago for £2 each and they still operate perfectly with no signs of wear or rust. The only mainenance they get is a regular squirt with WD40 which keeps them funtioning perfectly and the paint in tip-top condition. Why try to re-invent the wheel?