Remote not working

squeak

Hi folks, I have just bought a 1993 Disco 1 and the remote key plips don't work, the red light comes on when i press the button but nowt happens.

Central locking works when I use the key but sadly not with the plip.

Anyone have any ideas????

First of all, as you've only just bought the vehicle, are you 100% certain that the remotes belong to your vehicle?

Secondly, if they do belong to your vehicle ( i.e. the previous owner confims that they used to work fine )they may require re-sync'ing.

First port of call is a fresh battery. Then standing next to the drivers door, press the remote unlock button at least 4 times in quick succession. This should re-sync the remote to the vehicle.

I have a 300 series Disco 1 and this has a remote with 2 buttons and no light on the remote. Yours sounds like a 200 series Disco 1 ( purely because you mention the light on the plip )so the procedure may be slightly different but give this a try before throwing any cash at it.

This thread Clicky Linky Thingy may also be a big help to you. ;)

Urr, nope. Just wind down the driver's window, then do it all from the side of the car. I did this when I had to 'reprogram' a remote. I have a 300TDI which includes the lights you mentioned, so you're not alone.