sliding window channel

I am trying to insert some new window channels into the front doors of my defender. It has sliding windows and they rattle all the time, the felt is metal cored U shaped covered with soft felt like material. I took the windows out and looked around and couldn't work out how to get the felt into the window frame. I am assuming it goes at the top side of the window but there seems to be no way of getting it into the groove.

Help!

I am trying to insert some new window channels into the front doors of my defender. It has sliding windows and they rattle all the time, the felt is metal cored U shaped covered with soft felt like material. I took the windows out and looked around and couldn't work out how to get the felt into the window frame. I am assuming it goes at the top side of the window but there seems to be no way of getting it into the groove.

Help!

Martin

It should be screwed in with small countersunk screws. Take these out and the channel should come out with it, replace with new..

Cheers

Pete

Are tou talking about the standard military door tops? If so, there is no metal in the strips, just felt. You have to drill out the rivets at each end of the inner bottom channel and remove the locking mechanism. If you look down where the glass sits, there are a few, 4-5, self tapping screws that have to be removed. Then, for safety, hang some strong tape around the upper part of the door and secure the glass so it's not dropped. You should now be able to pry the lower, loosened part inwards and slide it off the panes.

The new felt strip is folded double and pushed into the grooves and you have to cut them to fit.

Yes they are standard military door tops. I have removed the glass OK but it looks like I have been sold the incorrect items. I have U shaped strips of metal covered with felt like material, I was told that they fit all LR including Series and Military. Things that make you go hmmmmmm :blink: