Finally got Nanocom working

kingrat

I've finally managed to get my nanocom to work by extending the cable with a 1.75m cat5 patchlead. Unfortunately I can only read and write to the alarm ecu, not the engine one. I still get the communication error.

I think it now works because the patch lead is loading the line (used to use 30m coils of coax to load marine ccts if we ran out of load impedances)

Do I have a problem with wiring (doubt it if I can talk to the 10AS) or would more loading get it to work with the main ecu?

Have you followed Nanocoms advice (poorly translated italian, not easy I know! :unsure: )and checked the engine ECU is properly earthed? Have ou got the most recent aoftware update from about 18 months ago, mine rarely worked on the previous version. Even now it can be a bit flakey. Also it won't read the engine ECU in Pos II on the ignition, mine has to be fully on.

Sean, yes I've run new earth's cleaned the existing and follwoed Nanocom's advice all the way previously. The thing is that until doing this cable extension, I could not even talk to the AS10. What I do not understand yet is why I now can talk to the alarm and change things successfully, yet I still cannot talk to the ECU. I will try a 10M flylead next and see what happens, however I expect that I would get to the alarm via the ECU so I must be heading in the right direction. On the other hand the pins could be seperate and I have a cable issue which will need to be tracked down.

When I looked at the earths with the meter I have never been able to see a potential difference to earth.

Maybe its just yet another 'quirk' of this latest shed.

oops. Yes engine tried running makes no difference, or in position II, and yes I'm running version 2.05 and have even tried re flashing the unit to cover off image corruption.

Appreciate the pointers and answer cos I'm getting mega greif from SWMBO as I've had it since January and this is the furthest I've got.

Cheers

Sorry to bug people, but any more thoughts? Does the Nanocom reach the AS10 via the ECU or connect directly? Does it sound possible that the ECU is faulty but still running the engine ok?

I'm really desperate now. I've emailed Nanocom with what I've done so far in the hope they might have a magic answer. I just do not know what to do now, other than pin out to confirm if the unit is faulty.

• 1 month later...

Finally figured out. I have a very unique (just like the electronic hand throttle)security system which I have finally tracked down, which stops the ecu from being accessed. Now that I have figured this out I now have Nanocom fully working.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help and suggestions with this one.

Cheers

Paul

• 11 years later...