Disco 2 Td5 Auto

JourneyMan

Hi,

I've just bought a Disco 2 Td5 Auto and I've noticed as the revs rise there's a booming sound, its there slightly lower down the box and seems more apparent higher up the gearbox at about 2750 RPM just before it changes into to top. I've got a 93 Classic and I drive the Disco as I drive the RR and have no issue with the RR.

My question is, is this normal, or is it me or my driving style?

Cheers

It doesn't sound like exhaust boom, its standard as far as I know as it was bought from an LR Main Agent, so I wouldn't expect it to have any exhaust mods.

I don't know whether its normal for this car, I've read the Owners Manual and it mentions pedal travel and input influencing gearbox changes, my RR doesn't have a pedal potentiometer.

all td5 are fly by wire as far as i know. stick your head under neath and check if the big box is in.

TD5 autos are fairly quiet untill you rev them hard. The 5 cylinder engine is a bit different and can feel strained when reved hard, maybe its that