some questions about 200 and 300 tdi

laro4x4

Hello, this is my first visit and first topic on this forum. I'm from Holland and own RRC's and a Discovery 300 tdi for worke-horse. About the 300 tdi I have some questions, the turbopressure is around 1 to 1,2 bar and the 200 tdi has the same power at 0,78 bar. What are the difference in these engines and why has the 200 tdi the same power at a lower turbo pressure? I want to give my 300 tdi more power at lower rpm's. The 200 tdi has more power at lower rpm's. Is it the pistons or the injection pump or the turbo? I have some 200 tdi parts that I can bolt on the 300 tdi. I have already a large intercooler, a tweaked pump, silicon hoses, etc etc.

Many regards, Bart

Best things I did for more power were replacing the cat downpipe with a Defender non-cat downpipe and a straight through exhaust instead of the centre silencer. Also removed the egr valve, not so much for power but it runs much more smoothly, and a good clean up of the air pipes, intercooler and plenum chamber.