All weather/terrain tyres

JJD

Hi - apologies for what is no doubt will be a fairly boring thread. I have a Freelander 2 and need to change at least 2 of my tyres. I`d like a bit more grip than the Continentals the car came with but want to avoid increasing vibration/road noise. They are 17 inch. My local dealership have always been hopeless and have said that there are very few options.

Thanks!

JJD

My FL2 S (also 17") came with Goodyear Wrangler HP:

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/repository/WranglerHP/index.jsp

Very good on road; off road I only drove on wet grass (they're OK), I don't think they can handle deep mud.

They're OK on snow, we had this winter a lot of it; never got stuck, even with 40cm snow and minus 20 Celsius, although winter tires would have been better.

As the maufacturer says, overall performance is great, but again, if you need specialized tires, you should go for A/T, mud, etc.

On the FL1 I had (16") Michelin Synchrone and replaced them with Pirelli Scorpion STR (or ATR, don't remember exactly); Scorpions were better.

Viorel

Hi - apologies for what is no doubt will be a fairly boring thread. I have a Freelander 2 and need to change at least 2 of my tyres. I`d like a bit more grip than the Continentals the car came with but want to avoid increasing vibration/road noise. They are 17 inch. My local dealership have always been hopeless and have said that there are very few options.

Thanks!

JJD

If Im not mistaken I believe you can get the cooper ST all terrain style tyre in 17 inch and above now. I have heard good things about them on discos but wouldnt know how they would do on a freelander or on 17 inch tyres with a lower side wall. Hopefully someone here has and can let you know how they perform on a freebie.

Cheers

Ryck