Heated front windscreen

I got autoglass out to replace my windscreen, as it acquired three chips in as many days. Fortunately they mucked up the order and gave me a heated one for the price of a standard one :D

Can anyone give me some direction on what to wire this screen to. I am hoping it's as simple as joining it onto the rear heated window, so I can use the dash button to turn both the front and the back heated windows on. However, I'm worried I might do the car/fuses some damage.

...So, can someone please let me know how I can (safely) wire this in.

I got autoglass out to replace my windscreen, as it acquired three chips in as many days. Fortunately they mucked up the order and gave me a heated one for the price of a standard one :D

Can anyone give me some direction on what to wire this screen to. I am hoping it's as simple as joining it onto the rear heated window, so I can use the dash button to turn both the front and the back heated windows on. However, I'm worried I might do the car/fuses some damage.

...So, can someone please let me know how I can (safely) wire this in.

Im planning to fit a heated screen soon. I spent some time reading up on this and can quote some of what Ive read is as follows.

Use:

heavy wire

30amp relay

20amp fuse

Personally I used two 45A relays fed from two separate fuses on the aux fusebox and one control switch (VWP sell switches with all the correct symbols on).

You can get all the relays, connectors, wire etc... from Vehicle Wiring Products

Ill dig around for some links to other info I found. Its advised to fit a timer (5-8 mins)as it puts a heavy load on your electrics.

Thanks all for your advice.

I seriously am not sure I'm going to manage this... :huh:

I thought I was quite good at wiring stuff, but this could be the end of my fuse box :blink:

I know more about the maximum velocity of the un-ladened migrating African swallow, then I do about auto electrics. Fortunately I know a bloke at work who knows what he is doing so hes going to wire mine up.

I guess it cant be difficult to someone who knows what they are doing?