disco 300 tdi ....sills & boot plate

skm1

Dear All

Ive been hankering after a Disco again, but aint got much money, so Ive swapped one of my old bikes for a 1995 Disco ES with problems in the MOT dept..! boot floor gone and more worryingly the offside rear sill.

Ive got a Kempi MIG which im ok at larger metals but dont know if I can do this myself, looks like the sill is a bu..er to get at. Any help would be much appreciated pretty please. Thanks, Steve down in sunny Cornwall.

Boot floor comes as a complete panel for about £40, but it tends to rot at the join, so the main floor surround needs to be repaired as well, which is where the fiddly bit comes in. The sill - whereabouts is the rot - outside, inside, close to the body support?

Les.

Dear All

Ive been hankering after a Disco again, but aint got much money, so Ive swapped one of my old bikes for a 1995 Disco ES with problems in the MOT dept..! boot floor gone and more worryingly the offside rear sill.

Ive got a Kempi MIG which im ok at larger metals but dont know if I can do this myself, looks like the sill is a bu..er to get at. Any help would be much appreciated pretty please. Thanks, Steve down in sunny Cornwall.

Sill is easy especially if its a 5 door, ignore the very expensive land Rover part its vastly overpriced. What you need is 1.3 metres of 100x60x3mm box section, cap off the ends either angled or flat, cut out all of the crappy old sill at the front and back, offer up box section mark where door post/pillars are, cut out where marked on box section on the face you will no find with a bit of persuation the box will slide up behind the door posts, fully weld front and rear, job done will out last the rest of the vehicle, boot floor is easy just takes time especially drilling out the old spot welds

Keith