Freelander 2010 HSE i6 Headlamp Diagram

kleefurd

Hello everyone. I am a new Freelander owner (drove Defender during my military service time in 1989-91) and I recently put my money down for a new Freelander 2010 HSE i6. I went out off road and had loads of fun (of course, you guys should know) and I hit a rock and that broke my left bumper. After getting that changed with spares from LR in China (I am a Singaporean living in China) I realised that my left hand side headlamp has taken a bit of a impact, no breakages, but now it is pointing a few degrees up and towards the right, and honestly, I cannot live with the fact that headlamp is always in someone's rear view mirror when I am driving at night, but I don't have enough skills to attempt to do the adjustments without a diagram. So if anyone of you have one, please kindly send it to me at kleefurd at gmail dot com.

The problem is, I bought this Freelander in China, and LR China does not have English manuals! So this is the OTHER THING I am seeking kind souls to help me. A pdf copy would be a life saver.

Anyone with an idea on how to adjust the Freelander 2010 HSE i6 headlamp (fixed, not the funky turn-as-you-turn kind) please kindly help me here.

Many many thanks. I almost stop driving at night because I don't want to be a nuisance to other road users.

Adjusting headlight aim is not something that generally appears in Owner manuals, as the extract supplied usefully confirms.

To obtain the Technical manuals you will have to go in via http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/extlrprod/market.jsp

This will require payment, but paper manuals are no longer produced, all Technical Information is via the GTR site.

This means you have a slim chance of picking up a pirate PDF that someone has scanned and placed on-line, particularly for a 2010 model!

Dealers will have a permanent link to the GTR, open all day every day, but the normal approach for private users is to take out a short term subscription covering the vehicle they are interested in, then download everything they can find, whether they need it 'now' or not. I'm not familiar with modern Freelanders, or the related GTR system, but Workshop Manuals are often separate from Electrical Manuals (Electrical Troubleshooting Manuals(ETM)?). Don't forget to look for the Technical or Service Bulletins and any Recall Notices.

Print as required. If you aren't going to print everything don't forget to create an electronic back-up copy. Paying once is bad enough, but paying twice is not very wise :-)

After all that, bear in mind that you may find that the range of adjustment is not enough to compensate for the misalignment caused by the damage. However, the Workshop Manual should allow you to work out whether the damage (being hidden from view) can be corrected by yourself, or whether you need a professional workshop.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much for the advise. The damage is minimal actually so it is something I believe I can fix (I hope). I needed the manual so as to negotiate through the bolts and nuts and wires and not, in case I miss something. Just to be on the safe side. For now, it is really not a real bother (to me, but not to other road users) so I really wanted to stop being an idiot on the road by being a menace. The lamps are quite blinding to the car in front.

Took the FL2 out for some mild off road drive in the mud and gentle slope yesterday, and everything seems to be working out... Everything seems to be working fine and we had a little bit of a laugh when a Volvo XC60 got stuck and the little Freelander managed to get in between tighter space to help bring that XC60 out... we ended up all muddy to the dismay of our wives.

I have to tell you about my crazy experience yesterday.

I went to the countryside, driving on some hills and got really muddy, so I decided to cross the river I grew up nearby, so I would clean the underside and wheels.

I knew (from my memories...) that the water should not be deeper than 50cm, but I have ignored the heavy rains the night before... so you can imagine that I was really thrilled when I've entered the water and THE WATER WAS ABOVE THE BONNET!!!

And the current was strong as hell!

Fortunately, I continued to drive in the 1st gear and I managed to get out (the river is only 20-30m wide, but it seems to me an eternity :-) ).

The only damage was the licence plate, hanging on one screw only...

I drove another 250km yesterday (after carefully checking the engine, etc. and washing the car) with no signs of any damage!

Nor any water inside the car!

Even I wouldn't repeat the experience soon, I have to say that the FL2 really IS a great car!

Viorel

Took the FL2 out for some mild off road drive in the mud and gentle slope yesterday, and everything seems to be working out... Everything seems to be working fine and we had a little bit of a laugh when a Volvo XC60 got stuck and the little Freelander managed to get in between tighter space to help bring that XC60 out... we ended up all muddy to the dismay of our wives.

• 4 weeks later...