Rear Outrigger

Anyone done it?

if so how did you get the old one out of the chassis rail? that is the tubluar extension that goes into the chassis rails and is welded in at each end. is it just a case of grinding off the inside weld?

i haven't looked yet at the bit that needs to come out alought i dont suppose the new part has a smaller diameter tube that fits inside the exisiting old one does it? will need to get a new one and check i suppose!

Jase - when you made your own square ones, did they also go through the chassis rails?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WALFY

i dont suppose the new part has a smaller diameter tube that fits inside the exisiting old one does it?

James

If you do buy a new outrigger then the end bit slips inside where you have chopped off the old one. Did this job on my last 90. If you need advice give Weeble a shout, he did the welding for me.

Mark,

yep it does, i did the work last week, hardest bit was cleaning up the old mounting in the chassis so the new part fitted inside. all done now.

Congratulations as well.

• 3 months later...
Johne

welcome, feel free to ask anything on pretty much anything no one will bit your head off around here, glad it was of use.

DOH!!!!!

I did this job 2 weeks ago, and couldnt get the new one to fit in the old one no matter how much cleaning off I did, so ended up grinding off all the welds flat to the chassis rail (inside and out), then used the new one to push the old one out of the chassis (with a bit of gentle persuausion from a bit of wood and a mallet). Then welded in the new one. (The above seems a lot easier if you can do it - I did get my MOT tho!)