Defender on jap soft-roader Poll

cookie64

Defender or jap soft-roader???  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is better? Defender or a Jap softroader LOL

• Defender
    • Japanese Softroader

Love my land rovers, but one of the main things for me is or was the simplicity and accessibility of them. That's why, for me, they are no longer the right car. The D2 is not bad, I can get engine codes for relatively little cost ($60 reader), but the rest of the systems are inaccessible without a fair bit of cost (e.g. I have the ABS amigo at $200).

Now compare that my little Suzuki Jimny Sierra, the workshop manual tells you how to get flash codes out every system on the car. It's still coil and beam axle and I know I can continue to maintain it. This is a 2009 model....

Why has land rover lost the plot on the recent vehicles and made them unserviceable in the field? Even the D2 has some stupid quirks - where is my auto box dipstick! Who took it away, why did they take it away?

I'll take anything up to a 300TDI in any of the vehicles over anything else and a V8 without EFI or with the OBD2 compliance. But with dealers so sparse on the ground I wouldn't touch a new one over here :(