Camping near Rhayader

I tried that one last time we were in Wales - they don't let you camp next to your vehicles which was a bit of a deal-breaker.

Instead we stumbled on www.pistyllrhaeadr.co.uk which is Wales' highest waterfall. They normally charge you £20 annual membership but we sweet-talked them and they let us stay. It is about the nicest campsite I've ever been to - pretty remote and not amazing facilities but an incredible spot. About a three minute stroll with a coffee in the morning to sit next to the waterfall - magic! Pretty happy with open fires too.

Wyeside, is a great place....Always stop there with the Landy's when we go laneing....Little walk into Rhyader for the pubs...Try the Flag n Lamb, ELLAN Hotel and the one next to the bike shop opposite ( can't remember its name now )...It's a great campsite and have used it umpteen times.

Wyeside, is a great place....Always stop there with the Landy's when we go laneing....Little walk into Rhyader for the pubs...Try the Flag n Lamb, ELLAN Hotel and the one next to the bike shop opposite ( can't remember its name now )...It's a great campsite and have used it umpteen times.

I agree and yes you can camp next to your LR.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Just to close off my own thread, we stayed at Wyeside in Rhayader. It was a pleasant flat field, right next to the river and with unlimited hot water and showers, though it was pricey at £9 a night each, or £15 for two people sharing. I'd stay again though.

.......was there this weekend, many landy's there, couple in Disco's and some lads in 90'S..