Finally!!!!

Hello everybody,

Most of you will have seen my desparate posts concerning my 90, its problems and its new engine?, well yesterday took it up to Tonks4x4 and had new timing chain, roller bearings and crank seal sorted(bit beyond my ability or what i want to do) so all is now good apart from the pump on the disco engine has been tweaked! so wrong spring in there, so its still over fueling producing very light blue smoke, i will sort this, along with everything else :blink: .

but my post today concerns my steering, now and before the new engine at 50ish it feels very light, a little alarming when cornering, im not a speed freak so i dont go that fast but at 50+(and i havent been above 57 cos its horrible!) i have about a quarter of a turn on the steering wheel before it resonds? even on a straight it has this, so as you all drive, as i do at this speed, whats going on?, im running 31 inch BFG A/T, the new engine has been refilled with new power steering fluid and bled the aim is to get my truck on the road after owning it for 11 months, i want the other half to use it for the horses and work, so i can have a V8 and a 110, but at the moment i dont feel its safe for her to drive as she IS a speed freak and would being driving at 50+ everywhere,

Cheers Paul

what pressure in the front tyres ?

maybe the steering box needs the freeplay adjusting out

IIRC you've put a Tdi in this 90, so there isn't a timing chain it's a rubber timing belt

the FIP can be readjusted to factory settings

normally a blue tinge to exhaust smoke is burnt oil