indicator not cancelling..

monkeyb0y

Hi all,

Driving today, up to a junction, indicated right, and as i made the turn, and straightened up, the indicator wouldnt cancel and kept "clicking in the steering cowel area" as thou a sprocket was stripped or somat broke...

It cancels manualy and operates OK if the lever is used, but wont cancel with the motion of the steering shaft..

Is this "the usual" symptom to say its time for a new stalk - the old ones worn out?..

they're only £15 quid but im just hoping for clarificating that this is the case and its not just an adjustment?

thanks

Rich

Hi all,

Driving today, up to a junction, indicated right, and as i made the turn, and straightened up, the indicator wouldnt cancel and kept "clicking in the steering cowel area" as thou a sprocket was stripped or somat broke...

It cancels manualy and operates OK if the lever is used, but wont cancel with the motion of the steering shaft..

Is this "the usual" symptom to say its time for a new stalk - the old ones worn out?..

they're only £15 quid but im just hoping for clarificating that this is the case and its not just an adjustment?

thanks

Rich

Hi,

You don;t say what sort of Disco you have but my mate has just had this with his N-reg 300TDi.

He bought a new stalk and when we came to fit it we found the plastic "reset ring" around the column had shattered and wasn't able to "trip" the stalk anymore.

Our local main stealer had a repair kit (can't remember the part no.) which was about £15.

Might be worth removing the steering wheel and chacking before ordering a stalk.

Hope this helps.

Scrumps.

I agree with Scrumps. There should be a lug on the ring which on my RHD Disco 1 200tdi is at the 9 o'clock position. With the steering wheel and cowl off (and front wheels jacked up to make things easier) it's easy to see how the self-cancelling works and find the fault.

Hi,

You don;t say what sort of Disco you have but my mate has just had this with his N-reg 300TDi.

He bought a new stalk and when we came to fit it we found the plastic "reset ring" around the column had shattered and wasn't able to "trip" the stalk anymore.

Our local main stealer had a repair kit (can't remember the part no.) which was about £15.

Might be worth removing the steering wheel and chacking before ordering a stalk.

Hope this helps.

Scrumps.

Cheers, it is exactly same disco - reg and all..!

Ill take it to bits weekend and check - was it a bigger job than you thought?..

Hopefully easy enough but they all start that way ;)

Rich

Cheers, it is exactly same disco - reg and all..!

Ill take it to bits weekend and check - was it a bigger job than you thought?..

Hopefully easy enough but they all start that way ;)

Rich

Hi Rich,

If I remember correctly, it was a case of remove the steering wheel and then slide the new bit over the column...but it was about a year ago so my memory might be a bit rusty.

Scrumps