help needed

gonk69

hi guys and girls, i am in need of some help please my oil light is on permanently so been told its the oil pressure switch, is there anybody out there local to ipswich suffolk who would be kind enough to come and help me fix my baby, i would happily pay for your time with a big hug when she is fixed,lol,no seroiusly im not confident enough to do it myself and i really need her back, thanks for looking, fingers crossed, cheers matt

The oil pressure switch is down the side of the block somewhere (I forget where) but it really is as simple as unscrew it & screw the new one in. You really can't get an easier job, if you can turn a spanner you can do it.

If you one the drivers side of the engine, look at the wiring loom, there will be a point where two single wires come out of it. One will run to the fuel pump, and the other to the oil pressure switch, making it easy to find! Getting a spanner of deep socket to it isn't too bad, and as andy said, it is just unscrew and screw in. Tighten until its firm. It is quite a large size, but if you have a new one then you can be sure you're onto it!

Good luck! if you are still struggling I can send a photo with it pointed out, or look in Haynes :D

guys im sorry for the confusion it is the oil pressure relief valve that is stuc k i believe as that is what people at the landrover garage and the haynes manual tell me, apparently the timing belt housing has to be removed, sorry bout getting it wrong, cheers matt