9500lb winch

optixelectrics

Hi, I am looking to get a front winch and bumper for my disco 1 (2ootdi). I have been advised to go for a Warn winch, but I dont currently have a full bucket of pound coins to get one with. On fleabay they are listing the bumper and winch for just over £500. It is a britpart 9500i.

Is this any good?, or should I continue filling my bucket with pound coins......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Winch-bumper-kit-Discovery-1-Range-rover-classic-/220581207766?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335baa1ed6

I know somebody with a 12000lb britpart winch, its been pretty good! Had it for a couple of years and done some winch challenges in it, been fairly bulletproof until the last event, but thats more to to with the abuse from challenging. It is however horrifically slow, especially when on a snatch block, so check the speeds when on load.

Its also impossible to get gaskets for them if you strip it down and service them, even from britpart themselves, and getting the spacing wrong will make the free spool really tight.

I have a warn xd9000, its brilliant. They are expensive new, but do come up now and again second hand.