Carburettor questions

Varsas

Hi.

I have some questions about the carb on my S3 land rover, which has been fitted with a 2.5 defender petrol engine.

post-22662-127962892517_thumb.jpg

1) It looks like a webber to me? Is that right? any idea on the model (from there I can probably help myself)

2) Is this pipe (the one inside the red rectangle) supposed to be connected to nothing? After driving the car the end of the pipe is damp with petrol.

post-22662-127962901299_thumb.jpg

3) I couldn't get a good picture but it does seem as if their is a leak at the base of the carb, where it attaches to the inlet manifold. I am hoping this will just require a new gasket?

I can confirm that it is a weber carb.

It's the same as the my old one.

Based on memory there isn't much else between the carb and manifold other than a gasket. I got a weber service kit from ebay including the manifold gasket, just make sure it;s a service kit for a land rover weber as there's a similar 32/34 dmtl carb that has a different set of gaskets.

Edited by Steve Warman

1. Yes its a weber-standard 2.5 petrolcarb.

2.Yes - its an overflow not supposed to be connected to anything. Shouldnt be wet though really-sounds like your carb could do with an overhaul.

3. As above - sounds like it could do with an overhaul.

Jon