valve stems caps

bonjovi

Talk about bad luck?

i have just had a 200tdi disco engine and box fitted in my 90 because i did not have the time or equipment to do it myself.however two weeks later there is a hiss hiss noise coming from under the bonnet.

i have had a look and the head gasket is blowing out of the rear of the head,there is no water or oil contamination and it has not overheated as i have not driven it since.

i have removed the head and used a straight edge and a 2tho feeler gauge and drawn them across the surface and the head seams fine with no warping etc.

it already has a 3 hole head gasket on it.

now i intend to replace the gasket with the same thickness and not skim the head,i was told that there are suposed to be caps on the valve stems like the 300 tdi but mine does not seam to have any?

replace the head bolts with new.

and is the torque method the same as a 300 tdi as i only have a 300 tdi manual to go off.IE 40lbs then 60 deg then another 60 deg with a guage?

thanks for any help.

please check out the for sale forum as i have the rest of thre disco to dispose of or pm me with any requests

cheers wizard

i wonder if i just lost mine when i took the rocker shaft then the head off or they were just not there in the first place?

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SIGN OF ANY OF THEM.

i did turn the head upside down to check the surface.

my book says to change them anyway with the head bolts.

if you don't have a gauge just mark a line between the block and 1 of the 6 points on a bolt head as each point is 60 degrees. as you turn it so the next point lines up with the line on the head then you know it's correct plus you can see if you forget which you've done.