waxoyl tools

hobson

i'll soon have some spare time so am going to get under the 110 to give it a good waxoyl, while i know this has been covered many times, i need advice on which tools to use, as from what i've read, the standard waxoyl tools available are a bit pants.

i have the use of lots of indoor space, a large compressor and facilities to heat the waxoyl safely and without coating the farm cat! :lol: i also have lots of coveralls, goggles and gloves (definitely needed!)

so i need a suitable spray gun for waxoyl and a long probe of some sort to spray into the nooks and crannies.

can anyone provide some links or advice as to which is best please?

We used a generic, £15 underbody gun with lance - this was attached to an underbody paint tin (with paint disposed of, cleaned throughly, and filled with waxoyl). This is a very easy method of working with the larger cans (5 litre can in this case). You just throw the cheap threaded tin away at the end. Some guns are touted as fitting the 1 litre waxoyl tins with threaded necks so you could do some with that.

Lance is great for getting inside chassis. It's very, very messy but quite easy, just take your time and work methodically. Looks great when finished!

Clarke and Sealey both offer guns designed for underbody spraying with detachable lance.

• 2 weeks later...