Vehicle identity question

L19MUD

I have owned a Series 1 88 station wagon for a few years now and have finally decided to do something with it, it was orignally purchased for spares but it is really far too good to break and would be a shame to lose what is such an original vehicle.

It has no log book, or registration numbers on it and I can't find a chassis number (on the front dumb iron someone has welded a patch repair which I suspect may cover it)

I have spoken to the heritage center before when i registered an ex military series 3, however I had a chassis number for that one. Can i do anything with engine/gearbox/axle numbers or is this unlikely given that the records held are probably not that detailed?

I know it was built 1957 or 1958 as it is an 88 inch, but i'm guessing that wouldnt be anywhere near enough information for the DVLA to issue a number plate.

Where do I go from here ? Suggestions please!

And before anyone asks, I dont think the history of the vehicle is suspect(ie stolen), It was purchased off a large farm where it had clearly been stood in the back of a barn for a large number of years unused.

Thanks in advance